Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Merciful, The Mercy, and Me

And so it begins....again. I'm going to skip the whole "I-haven't-written-in-this-in-so-long-and-this-is-what-has-happened-in-the-past-seven-months" jargon and will begin from today. Today was Sunday and I love the the Sabbath day. We are expected to keep it reverent and sacred by putting aside weekly things and focusing on the Gospel, God, Christ, and all things that encompass the amazing Mormon faith. I love the lessons I learn from church every Sunday and they always seem to be about the things that I need to understand the most; this Sunday was no different. The talk that the high councilmen went over was President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's "The Merciful Obtain Mercy" in which he utters the now-famous phrase, "stop it". He urges all of us to stop gossiping, envying, wallowing, harboring ill feelings, being distrustful and to focus on being forgiving, merciful, kind, and charitable to everyone, including ourselves. This talk puts so much into perspective for me and I enjoy revisiting it. It makes me realize that we truly are all beggars (Mosiah 4:19) meaning that we all clamor after the same mercy and forgiveness and that we should not put ourselves above others because the same God watches all of us and our actions. I want to focus on being more charitable and exuding the pure love of Christ that so many others offer me. I am continually grateful to be a part of the Church and to be aware of the truth of the restored Gospel on this earth. I can't even begin to express how much it has changed me from the foundation up and the hope it gives me for the future.
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk - http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/04/the-merciful-obtain-mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment